Make and Play Baby SocialBuy tickets
A creative social for parents / carers of babies 0-6 months
Friday 24 September
Friday 1 October
Friday 8 October
Friday 15 October
Friday 22 October
Fridays 10.30 - 11.30am
£5 per session, for one adult + baby pair. Please get in touch if you'd like info about our discount for twins / multiples.
Pre-booking essential. Book your tickets.
Bookings for the first session on 24 September will close 17 September at 12pm.
Please note a booking fee applies.
A creative social for parents / carers of babies 0-6 months:
- Play with your baby in the beautiful surroundings of the Shipley Art Gallery, and enjoy the exhibitions together.
- Make creative keepsakes - you'll create a range of items to take home, which will celebrate your baby and provide visual stimulation for them.
- Meet other parents / carers and babies 0-6 months.
- Enjoy some creative self care time, while your baby plays.
What to expect:
- You'll have your own space, toys and art materials for social distancing, but the set up will also make it easy to chat to others and make new friends.
- Each baby + adult pair will have their own playmat (which will be sanitised and quarantined between sessions). For Covid safety, you're asked to bring your own toys from home, for your baby to enjoy on their mat.
- Each week your baby will receive a little present from us, which offers open ended, creative play possibilities. These will be everyday objects which give your baby the opportunity to explore different shapes, textures and sounds. We'll also give you a basket to keep the objects in, so you and your baby can continue the creative play at home.
- For Covid safety we're not providing any other toys - therefore please bring your own for your baby to use on their mat.
Parents / carers will have the opportunity to enjoy some creative, self care time: every other week, you'll make a keepsake to take home - these will be as follows:
24 September - Baby's name artwork
Create an ornament personalised to your baby's name. You'll be given a 3D cardboard letter (your baby's initial) to decorate with paper and glue and display at home.
1 October - Postcard to baby:
Enjoy some mindfulness colouring in as you decorate a pre-printed postcard. Write a message to your baby or record a recent milestone, and save it to show to them in the future. This session is repeated on 8 October but you'll have the opportunity to choose a different postcard design at each of these sessions.
8 October - Monochrome drawing
When young babies' sight is developing they can best focus on high contrast, monochrome patterns. Use pastels to create a unique artwork for your baby to enjoy at home. You'll create abstract, patterned artworks so it'll be accessible even if you think you can't draw!
15 October - Postcard to baby
Enjoy some mindfulness colouring in as you decorate a pre-printed postcard. Write a message to your baby or record a recent milestone, and save it to show to them in the future. This is a repeat of the session on 1 October but you'll have the opportunity to choose a different postcard design at each of these sessions.
22 October - Painting for baby
Create a canvas artwork using simple painting and printing techniques. Create a family tree personalised with relatives' names; or a seasonal tree representing the time of year when your baby was born.
All activities will be suitable for beginners and easy to do whilst looking after a baby.
We can admit one adult per baby (to enable social distancing). Babies must be 0-6 months at the time of the first session. The sessions are designed for any adults caring for babies - mams, dads, grandparents, foster carers, child carers etc. all welcome. We have step free access, space to park your buggy, and baby changing facilities. You're welcome to feed your baby anywhere in the gallery.
Your money goes towards funding family activities at the Shipley Art Gallery.