Planning your visit
We are excited to welcome you back and we want to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible. This means there will be some changes to the way you visit.
Please be aware that some areas of the gallery will be closed until it is safe to open them. These include:
- the lounge
- the Henry Rothschild Study Centre
- the workshop
We are admitting fewer people into the gallery so we can provide enough space for social distancing. There is no need to book your visit in advance, but if we reach capacity you will be asked to queue outside until the number of visitors has reduced to a safe level.
When you arrive
- To comply with government guidance you will be required to wear a face covering to enter the building. (This does not apply to under 11s or people excluded due to health conditions).
- Our visitors are the heart of our business and we want you to enjoy The Shipley safely. In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus we are taking contact details of visitors on arrival, as well as recording the time of entering our venue. This is voluntary and you do not have to provide these details. For those who do consent, in line with guidance issued by the government, we will keep your details for 21 days. We will only share them with NHS Test and Trace, if asked, in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for coronavirus. Your cooperation in helping us to keep our visitors, staff and the wider community safe is greatly appreciated.
- Please follow the one-way route through the venue, as shown below.
Throughout your visit
- To comply with government guidance you will be required to wear a face during your visit. (This does not apply to under 11s or people excluded due to health conditions).
- Please follow government advice around social distancing when you visit. Any children in your group must be supervised at all times.
- Please read the new signs providing guidance and our staff and volunteers will also be happy to help you adjust to the new way of visiting.
- Our staff will greet you at a distance. Some may be wearing facemasks or visors (this is their choice and not compulsory under government guidance) and we have new screens at our till points.
- Unfortunately some spaces are closed, including the lounge, workshop and Henry Rothschild Study Centre until it is safe to open them.
- Food and drink are not permitted inside the building.
- If possible, please use contactless payment when visiting.
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitisers around the site.
- We have increased cleaning in all public areas and especially in areas of high contact.
- If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
Our unexpected closure has had a huge impact on our museums and galleries.
Thank you for your support and stay safe.