Planning your visit
Planning your visit
We are excited to welcome you back and we want to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible. This means there will be some changes to the way you visit.
Our opening hours remain unchanged:
|Tuesday||10am - 4pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 4pm|
|Thursday||10am - 4pm|
|Friday||10am - 4pm|
|Saturday||10am - 5pm|
Please be aware that some areas of the gallery will remain closed until it is safe to open them. These include:
- the lounge
- the Henry Rothschild Study Centre
- the workshop
We are admitting fewer people into the gallery so we can provide enough space for social distancing. There is no need to book your visit in advance, but if we reach capacity you will be asked to queue outside until the number of visitors has reduced to a safe level.
If you are looking to make a school or college group booking please contact the Learning team who will be able to discuss your visit requirements directly with you.
When you arrive
- To comply with government guidance you will be required to wear a face covering to enter the building. (This does not apply to under 11s or people excluded due to health conditions)
- In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus we are legally required to take contact details of all visitors over 16 who do not book in advance or use the NHS test and trace app, as well as recording the time of entering our venue. In line with guidance issued by the government, we will keep your details for 21 days. We will only share them with NHS Test and Trace, if asked, in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for coronavirus. We will also be displaying NHS QR code posters to make it easier for you to check-in. You will need to download the NHS app onto your mobile phone before you can scan the QR code. The app is available on Andriod's Google Play or Apple's App Store - search for NHS Covid-19. If you check-in using the QR code then you do not need to share your details with us. Your cooperation in helping us to keep our visitors, staff and the wider community safe is greatly appreciated.
- Please follow the one-way route through the venue, as shown below.
Throughout your visit
- Please follow government advice around social distancing when you visit and follow the one-way route around the venue. Any children in your group must be supervised at all times.
- Please read the signs providing guidance and our staff and volunteers will also be happy to help you adjust to the new way of visiting.
- Our staff will greet you at a distance. Unless exempt, staff members will be wearing face coverings (this is compulsory under government guidance) and we have new screens at our till points.
- Unfortunately, we aren’t able to open all facilities yet. Some spaces in our venues are closed, until it is safe to open them, including the workshop, the lounge and the Henry Rothschild Study Centre.
- Unfortunately, you can’t bring food and drink into our indoor venues.
- If possible, please use contactless payment when visiting.
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitisers around the venue.
- We have increased cleaning in all public areas of the building and especially in areas of high contact.
- If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
Help us ensure art, culture & heritage continue to make a positive impact in our region. Donate £5 today to keep culture at the heart of the North East.
Thank you for your support and stay safe!